It’s that time of year when the weather starts to warm up and we start getting ready for our summer soirees, pool parties, and days at the beach!
Fittingly, now is the best time of year to experiment with fun playful colour palettes! At Kiss and Makeup we absolutely love a coral makeup look – It adds a perfect splash of colour that is flattering on all skin tones!
From paler peachy shades to cool orange tones to statement corals, we love embracing this gorgeous summer colour on both lips and cheeks.
Corals are very dimensional as they can be either sheer or bold on the lips or cheeks depending on your personal makeup style and mood.
Here are our top picks for coral products
RMS lip2cheek Great for on-the-go gals, use RMS lip2cheek for easy quick application of one colour on both lips and cheeks. Not only is it convenient to use, applicable with your fingers, but also creates a super fresh monochromatic look. Smile and Curious work effortlessly for a natural soft pouty look. Apply with your fingers to create a sheer-to-buildable lip colour -- perfect for everyday summer wear!
Using the same product, warm it with your fingers and blend it into the apple of your cheeks up to hairline for a flush of coral to freshen and brighten up your face.
Get the look STEP BY STEP:
Be bold and try this scorching hot look for summer!
- Ilia Radiant Beauty Balm Spf 20 works as a beautiful glowing base, rich and hydrating, with the added bonus of having sun protection.
- Ilia’s Sheer Vivid Tinted Moisturizer next to even out the skin tone, and a bit of the Vivid Concealer just where it’s needed: under the eyes and on any redness or other imperfections.
- We love the dewy look, but dusting a little bit of Ilia Moon Dance TranslucentSPF powder will tone down the shine from areas we don’t want it, like the t-zone.
- For the cheeks, RMS lip2cheek Smile is bright and fresh colour will add lots of life and colour, while still being soft and pretty.
- For an amazingly kissable coral pout, Ilia lip crayon in Karma Chamelone is perfect! Super pigmented and hydrating at the same time.
- For the eyes sweep Ilia’s Shadow Stick in the colour age of consent all over the lid up to the crease and underneath eye along the lower lash line. Use a blending brush to smoke the eyes and create a soft warm brown smokey to compliment this bright lip and cheek look
- Finish with lots of black mascara, and Geisha Ink Amplified mascara is the perfect mascara for the job.
Check out our staff interpretations of this look!