Ahhh Sundays! The perfect day to catch up on housekeeping, relax with family and friends, and reset before the week begins -- even though we all fear the dreaded Monday the following day. However just like the saying, "A Sunday well spent brings a week of content," we must seize the day to all its last amounts of freedom! Here are my top picks of things I do for my Sunday routine:
1) Everyday of my week of course has to start off with a gigantic cup of coffee... ;)
2) I don't know about you guys, but I am the biggest laundry procrastinator! Sundays are a great day for me to catch up on dreaded laundry, especially my linens and towels. Of course I use my favourite laundry products, curtesy of The Laundress. I love using The Laundressdetergents as they are nontoxic, biodegradable, and allergen-free -- all made with natural ingredients. Since I have the most sensitive skin, I stay clear of any unnatural products, which contain nasty ingredients! By being free of petroleum, SLS, phosphate, phthalates, and dye, this stuff is my jam!!! Cruelty-free. No animal by-products. It just keeps getting better and better! But wait there is more... The scents are heavenly. I love "classic" for the ultimate "clean laundry smell," blending lily of the valley and jasmine with sweet musk, sandalwood, and a touch of citrus. There are a whole range of different products by The Laundress including fabric conditioners, darks/whites detergents, delicate wash, fabric spray, denim wash, wool and cashmere wash, and the ultimate - Le Labo scented signature detergents in Rose 31 and Santal 33 (so dreamy). The list goes on, with other house cleaning products. Overall this stuff works, smells incredible, and is natural!
3) Sundays also have become a day where I take some extra time in my skincare routine to do a mask, something i sometimes neglect during the business of the week. My two favourites are from Tata Harper - 100% non-toxic and natural skincare. For when I feel my skin is congested I use the Purifying mask to reverse effects from environmental exposure and pollution while targeting blackheads with powerful, probiotic-powered deep cleansing properties. I use the Resurfacing mask when my skin is feeling dull and I want a boost of life and an instant glow. This beta-hydroxy detoxifying mask minimizes pores, reduces redness & exfoliates, leaving skin fresh, smooth and glowing. Tata Harper masks are true skin saviour!
4) Another way I refresh for Monday is by washing by hair with R+co "Oblivion" shampooand conditioner. I have blond hair, so I like to feel bright and clean! Forgot dullness, this combo removes residue and buildup (such as chlorine, hard water, or styling products) to reveal shiny and clean hair -- all while still being gentle enough for even daily use!
5) Lastly, no Sunday is complete without relaxing! I like to light as many candles as I can and catch up on some Netflix and drink tea! My absolute favourite candles are: Vancouver Candle Co. "Strathcona" with White Tea, Black Currant, Lavender, and Thyme, and Skeem Design "Sequoia Embers" with woodsy amber, pachouli and sequoia.
Since I have a harder time falling asleep I drink Affect Health Nightly Zen. It's calming and tasty, so for me it hits the spot! I am finally then ready for bed...as I lay into my clean white sheets smelling of dreams and heaven :)
I hope everyone has a lovely and relaxing Sunday this weekend!
Comments will be approved before showing up.